Tuesday, September 25, 2012

credit my weak heart.


inspiration of the day is the lovely amy winehouse. another star who has gone, but sure as hell not forgotten.

to me music has not only been something i can appreciate, nor just a solace, but closer to religion. the love for it has always been so pure and single minded, and most importantly, unconditional. honestly, how many people can you say you feel the same about?

when i was younger, i made poor attempts at poetry and music and discovered that i am absolutely terrible at it. still, it never fails to cheer me up when i look at the sloppy compilation and think to myself "what a crock of shit.". on hindsight, i am surprised that that alone didn't deter me from taking opportunities to learn from, listen to and grow with music.

with that-

we were evergreen - penguins and moonboots
amy winehouse - valerie
tony bennett & lady gaga - that lady is a tramp
the clash - london calling
tegan & sara - light up
just jack - starz in their eyes
r.e.m. - losing my religion
babyshambles - delivery
take that - patience
clara c - fish

No comments: