Monday, April 22, 2013

fine on my own.



i had a really good day yesterday, and was in good spirits when i got up this morning. however as every cynic (or realist) will tell you, good things don't last, and i have found myself once again doubting the integrity of the average person.

getting emotionally invested is something that some of my friends know i have a habit of not doing, especially when a person and i are still in the dating phase. i have always thought that this was in the interest of self preservation, but men have told me that i should let my guard down more, as the ability to trust in another human being is an attractive thing.

so either i have horrible timing, or i've been doing the right thing all along. i do not understand why people choose to wait till i am vulnerable enough to hurt when they decide to leave. just for clarification, this is not bitterness, but anger at being lied to, which i think is perfectly justified. though, in some small way, i am only consoled by the fact that the person you just settled for isn't me.

regardless, nothing gives you the right to go around telling people how much they mean to you when your words obviously mean fuck all. and because you deserve nothing less (you know who you are), here's the finger for treating my heart like a plaything. have a nice life, asshole.

No comments: