Wednesday, August 8, 2012

When it gets so be a little too much.

Today sees me in a somewhat melancholic state. Thank goodness for small wonders like the boyfriend's kindness, the bad dialog in Michael Jackson's music videos, a sister's loving support, and the silence of an afternoon's reflection.

While the days of late seem to be the worst ever, I suppose that events such as these are the ones that determine who we become. Read on Facebook that when life seems determined to crush you and you wonder where god is, remember that the teacher is always quiet during the test. Obviously, I'm not the religious sort, but it stuck me that there is always something you learn from the experiences and trials we endure.

Really does remind me that even when I'm falling apart at the seams, there are the still things to be so grateful for. To all the people in my life, thank you for the quiet support you offer, whether you know it or not. As for me, rest assured I won't be defeated by what seems too much to handle. To quote Joey "you are my Everest.". While i am aware that he was saying that to a cooked thanksgiving turkey, the message still applies.

No comments: